Saturday 30 July 2016

Tantalised

I viscerally dislike late shifts at weekends, and always have, so when anything happens to exacerbate the already vile enough scenario of being at work on a Saturday afternoon, it's particularly hard to take. And this afternoon was a prime example. Because one of my colleagues brought his youngest son into work. I've seen the little guy a couple of times before, but not for nearly a year, and, while he's still very much in the 'eye candy only' realm, he has begun to lose his 'little boy' looks as he heads towards puberty. And, to make matters worse still, those changes have made him more than a little reminiscent of Cammy - he's much the same age as my 'little friend', who I haven't seen since the demise of my old local at the end of February. I've thought of Cammy quite a lot of late, because for all the tenuousness of the connection between us, I really believe we could have been friends, and I genuinely mean friends, not some kind of 'grooming' situation, had we had the opportunity. Just Out Of Reach is a lesser known song by The Jesus & Mary Chain. Lesser known, but very apposite in this context.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment