Friday 10 March 2017

Freethought


Pedophilia remains a serious medical condition for which there is no cure. The only productive treatment involves smearing the patient’s genitals with honey and burying them up to their necks in a fire ant hill

I came across that delightful comment earlier today at a 'freethought' website, in response to a post about religiously based infant male circumcision (a practice I wholeheartedly revile - no boy should ever be circumcised for any reason other than medical necessity, as far as I'm concerned). Well, here's my twopennyworth, Mr Bigot. There's no 'cure' for paedophilia, any more than there's​ a cure for homosexuality, for instance, because it's not a fucking 'serious medical condition', it's a sexual orientation. And even if you actually believe it to be a medical condition, by what rationale would you consider torture to be an appropriate, still less 'productive', treatment? The disheartening thing is, though, that had I done what I originally had in mind, to leave a withering riposte at the website concerned, all I would've achieved would to have been 'shouted down', with the bigot and his inevitable supporters still considering themselves to hold the 'moral high ground'. And that's in a supposedly tolerant and rational forum. I know unequivocally that I'm wasting my time trying to convince anyone that people like me aren't irremediably evil, but when evil intent from the other side is virtually unanimously encouraged, it's all the more soul-destroying.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment