Wednesday 15 March 2017

Mired

I didn't arrive at work this morning in a particularly downbeat mood, but circumstances seemed to conspire to depress me, to the extent that, during my mid-shift break, I was seriously considering walking out of the door, maybe forever. I ultimately resisted the temptation, but it wasn't easy. And, as on so many previous occasions, it wasn't the job itself that was the problem, but the people, or some of them, at least, that I'm condemned to work with. If there's a greater concentration of ignorance, bigotry, selfishness, greed and stupidity in one workplace than there is in mine, I'd walk a very long way to avoid seeing it. It's like swimming in a cesspool, and about as much fun. The sooner I can find a sensible way of extracting myself, the happier I'll be.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment