Sunday 11 April 2010

Difficulties

First difficulty is that I can't blog on my laptop at the moment - I can sign in to Blogger and read mine and other blogs, but when I try and start the ' New Post ' screen, it hangs up on ' waiting for Google Analytics '. It's been like that for 2 days now, so I've had to resort to firing up our elderly and glacially slow desktop to write this.
The second, and far greater difficulty, is around my job - if I've still got one, that is. I went home sick on Friday evening with a recurrence of my heart arrhythmia after suffering nearly 3 hours of trouble making and verbal abuse from the local yobs where I work, with no police attendance despite numerous phone calls and promises that they were en route - from Mars, presumably. In amongst the umpteen phone calls, I had a pretty serious row with our on-call manager over the situation, so when I speak to my own manager tomorrow, I expect to be in some kind of trouble. To be blunt, I really don't care at the moment - I'm in the mood to tell the company to stick the job up their arse, and any threat of anything disciplinary coming my way would be the straw that would break that particular camel's back. The drawback of chucking my job in, however, is how I would then support my family - my wife works full-time, and has a pretty good job, but there's no way we could live on just her wages. I feel really stuck at the moment - it seems that whichever way I turn, there are negative consequences.
Look on the bright side, some might say, and at least there's one positive at the moment - it looks like Spring has finally sprung, and it's sunny and fairly warm today. It looks like I might be facing plenty of enforced leisure time to enjoy it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Sammy

    Greetings from your first follower, and (I think) first commenter! I found your comment at "The Life of Lauren", and decided to follow you here.

    My family moved to Cornwall when I was 11; I moved away properly when I was 22 (after university), but my parents were still there for another ten years. We lived on the Lizard, near the Helford River. It's a part of the world I'm still fond off, though to my regret I haven't visited since 2003.

    We also seem to have some books in common: I enjoyed "The Chrysalids", and John Wyndham's other works, as a teenager, and every now and then ever since - and "1984" is a classic, albeit too depressing for me to read very often.

    I hope things went OK with your work yesterday: I can well understand your desire to tell them what to do with their job, but I can also imagine that the employment situation in Cornwall is pretty difficult at the moment.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete