Sunday 12 July 2015

Another day in Bigotland

This afternoon's shift at work was notably quiet and straightforward, which left plenty of scope for chitchat amongst some of my colleagues. And given that the 'archbigot' was there, as well as another guy whose views are almost as egregious, some of the conversation was of the kind that makes me despair to have to be part of the same species as these people. For once, the 'homophobia quotient' was relatively low, racism and xenophobia seemingly being the order of the day, but it was no less depressing for that. It's telling that no-one ever seems to canvass my opinions on such subjects - I think they might have worked out that they'd get some extremely sharp answers. One of these days, they might just get those answers, solicited or not.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that we don't have to deal with that at my office. It's just not tolerated. Now if I could get my damn boss to quit cursing like a sailor at the top of his lungs so it reverberates through the building, it would be VERY NICE!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      All part of the 'joys' of working in what is, predominantly, a white, working-class, uneducated male environment. The veneer of civilisation is pretty thin in a lot of cases, but, with some of my colleagues, it's almost indiscernible.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete