Friday 10 July 2015

Nose to the grindstone, yet again

I've rather stumbled into it, this time, but it's turned out that I'm in one of my periodic 'working all hours' phases. Having seen the roster that starts on Sunday week today, and knowing already what I'll be working the week after, I'm a seventh of the way through a run of 21 shifts in 22 days, and I'll be paid for the one day off, too, because it's a working day on the base roster, but we're not allowed to work more than 13 days in a row, so the company are obliged to pay me for staying at home! Or going to the pub, as the case may be! Would that every day was like that!
By the time I get to the end of the run, the school holidays will have started. Six weeks of all day eye candy! My cup runneth over!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I truly don't understand why companies who are safety conscious work their employees to death like they do you. 21 of 22 days cannot possibly give you enough time to recuperate between shifts, and be fully awake and alert while on the shifts!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It is voluntary, to a degree, because I don't have to make myself available for overtime, and, ultimately, it's to my advantage, because it helps the bank balance, even if it doesn't do much for the work/life balance! And I miscounted last night - I'm actually working 22 days out of 23!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete