Wednesday 1 July 2015

Heat, pills, tiredness

Today was reputedly going to be the warmest in this country for a decade - yes, the UK is in the throes of one of its very occasional 'heatwaves'. And, of course, in our inimitable fashion, people are moaning and groaning about it, just as fervently as they moan about our normal 'Great British Summer', i.e. days of grey skies and pouring rain. As far as I'm concerned, it can stay this warm until the end of September - I love it! The only downside is that, being on nights this week, I'm pretty much missing out on the benefits of the sunny days, having barely enough time between shifts and their concomitant bouts of commuting to even get enough sleep, still less anything else. Especially today, when I had a doctor's appointment on my way back from work and didn't get indoors until 10:00, despite having left work at 7:00. The appointment wasn't even something I'd initiated, simply a 'medication review' the practice wanted me to have before they'd issue me with another prescription for my heart meds. The outcome was totally predictable - my medication was left unchanged after a desultory ten minute consultation with a doctor I'd never seen before, and may well never see again. The only tangible effect was to rob me of an hour's sleep, leaving me to face heading back to work this evening even more tired than 24 hours ago. Thanks a bundle!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'll try again.

    I am on the road...bad Internet has kept me from commenting, not to mention no lack of GOOD BEER and GOOD BOURBON! HAHAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Sounds like a good trip! Much more interesting than night shifts and lurking on the internet, undoubtedly!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete