Friday 17 July 2015

Not on his watch

I've just read an article about the newly elected leader of the Liberal Democrats, the political party I've voted for pretty much for the whole of my adult life. And it turns out that he's an evangelical Christian who believes in the literal truth of every word in the bible. So, as a gay atheist, am I going to vote for someone who thinks I should be stoned to death? What is remotely 'democratic' about biblical literalism, still less 'liberal'? The chances of me ever voting LibDem while Farron is in charge are precisely nil.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Thus the reason I shan't ever vote Republican over here!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      You're aware that I haven't got any time for organised religion on any level, but when it's mixed with politics, the results are, to me, particularly appalling. God botherers trying to persuade you to live according to their rules are bad enough, but if they get hold of the power to compel to do their bidding, well, that's time to emigrate, as far as I'm concerned.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. I'm with you 100% Sammy, when are we leaving, and where are we going ? LOL

      Warmest regards - Dave

      Delete
    3. Hello Dave
      The 'where to?' question is one I've pondered on several occasions, without coming close to a sensible answer. I guess if I was going to go anywhere, it would be Spain, the Canaries in particular, mostly for the weather, but with the Spanish age of consent at least in the back of my mind, too.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete