Sunday 13 April 2014

I'd say I don't believe it....

....but it happens so often as to be almost tediously predictable. Namely that when I'm due some time off - I'm working this afternoon, before heading into four days off - my immune system decides it's time for an outage, and I start feeling ill. It's all the worse in this case because I'm feeling very chesty, coughing frequently and uncomfortably, reminiscent of the beginnings of what happened last year, which led to me ending up in hospital. By coincidence, I've got an appointment at my new doctors' tomorrow, which was only supposed to be for a medication review, but I'll certainly mention this latest health hiccup as well. K is here, too, and I neither want to infect her - her asthma has flared up lately, and she's back on regular inhalers for the first time in three or four years - nor miss out on the very limited time I'm going to get to spend with her, given that she's supposedly spending the first half of tomorrow with her friend who's visiting London, then heading off to her boyfriend's on Tuesday. Maybe this bout of less than perfect health won't amount to anything, but, knowing my luck, I'm not counting on that eventuality.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. I'll cross my fingers. We've got yellow pollen falling, while in and of itself not a big deal, this junk is just a harbinger of all things allergenic!

    Hope you feel better, and K feels better, too!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm certainly feeling better than I did when I got up this morning, although I still get the feeling there's something not quite right - I'll discuss it with the doctor in the morning. K is reasonably OK at the moment, but I don't want to her to have any problems by my passing bugs on to her. Fingers crossed, indeed.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Well that's good! And I you keep it all to yourself!
      Jay

      Delete