Sunday 12 September 2010

Coming to an end

With almost every shift I work now, it's 'the last' of something in terms of my present job. Today will be the last Sunday shift I work here, and could be the last weekend shift of any sort, if I get the leave I've applied for on the last two days I'm supposed to be here, because next weekend is my weekend off in any case. On the whole, I have no regrets at all about leaving, but there is one slight downside - if I don't see DBJ in the next three hours, I may literally never see him again in my life. He's been so much a part of my life for the past four years, passing my workplace window, that it's hard to imagine not seeing him, but that's the reality I've got to come to terms with. The irony is, of course, that he probably won't even realise that I've left, and it wouldn't make the slightest difference to his life if he did, apart, I suppose, from his not having me gawping at him on a regular basis, assuming that he's even noticed that, and there's no evidence that he has, really. The ultimate in one-sided infatuations, I guess, but at least the one-sidedness means that I haven't done him any harm, which I'd never want to do. It would've been nice to have been able to say goodbye to him, but, given that I've never even said 'hello', it would doubtless be seen as inappropriate in some shape or form. Whatever else, I can definitely say that, in terms of my tastes and of someone who I've seen on a regular basis over an extended period of time, he's the most attractive person, of any age or gender, that I've ever seen.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment