Thursday 16 September 2010

A new gadget...and another step closer to moving

I had a new mobile broadband gadget (I hate the word 'dongle', which seems to be the industry standard) delivered this morning, and it's now up and running, pretty effectively I have to say. The reason that we've now got two gadgets is that I need to take one with me when I move to my new job, so I can keep in touch with my family without spending a fortune on phone calls, and so I can keep up to date with the rest of the world via cyberspace, while still allowing my daughter to have access via the old gadget at home, so she can use the internet for homework and keep in touch with her friends via the usual social networking channels.
I got through my penultimate late shift in my present job without incident yesterday, and I'm got my fingers firmly crossed for a repeat performance this afternoon and evening. No doubt I'm tempting fate sorely by saying such a thing at this stage - the next ten hours or so will tell. After that, I've just got two early shifts to do next week, and it will all be over, and I'll be able to go and hide in a Greater London ivory tower for the foreseeable future.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment