Wednesday 29 September 2010

Hospitality

I ended up in deepest Kent last night, and I'm back here again this evening, the grateful recipient of the kind hospitality of my brother and his family. My search for any sort of realistically affordable accommodation within a reasonable distance of my new workplace has been an abject failure so far, so I'm onto Plan B, at least temporarily, of a very long commute instead. There's going to have to be a Plan C at some stage, something more permanent, if there's any chance of making this return to working away from home practicable, but quite what form Plan C will take remains to be seen. My new manager has arranged for me to go on a briefing day on Friday, which is in a relatively user-friendly location from my perspective, and starts late enough to make it accessible by train from home, so I'm going to get to go back to sunny Cornwall a day early this week, which, needless to say, has cheered me up considerably - I'll be home, given a fair wind, at around 5:00 tomorrow evening, and about the same time, all being well, after my day trip by train on Friday.
In our adult lives, I've always got on very well with my brother - we had the commonplace sibling rivalry as kids and teens, but luckily soon grew out of it - but I still count myself very lucky that he's put his spare room at my disposal at such short notice (about 2 hours notice last night). I hope I'll be able to reciprocate in some way - I know he's giving without expectation of a 'reward', but it would be nice if I can find some suitable means of repaying him before too long.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment