Friday 24 September 2010

Preparations

I spent this morning in doing some bits and pieces preparatory to my relocation to London on Monday. I can't claim to have vast amounts to do to be ready for my new situation. so spreading it out over the weekend seems reasonable, rather than rushing about madly on Sunday. Amongst other things, I finally bit the bullet and went to the barbers' - I really, really dislike having my hair cut, and have since I was primary school age, but someone of my age wandering about with wild hair just looks ridiculous, so I have to submerge my qualms every now and again and force myself to be shorn.
It was one of those days where activity was counterpointed with relaxation - after a fairly busy morning, I had a very laid back afternoon, before regaling the family with one of my mix and match evening meals which seemed to go down reasonably well, and then heading back to chillout mode by forcing myself to drink some nice Chardonnay that just happened to be in the fridge. Much better than the late shift in my old job that I would've been doing had my circumstances not changed. It's a tough life, but someone's got to do it!

Love & best wishes
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment