Sunday 26 September 2010

Ready, but not ready

In practical terms, I'm pretty much ready to head up to London and my new job tomorrow - there are clothes and the like still to pack, but that's a quick job, given my years of experience of working away in the past. On a personal level, though, I'm not at all enthusiastic about the prospect of being away from my home and family, to the extent I've actually been quite down over the weekend, particularly today. I know, rationally, that I've had little choice other than to follow this course of action, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. No doubt it will all become routine after a few weeks, assuming nothing unforeseen intervenes to complicate matters. It's going to be an early start for me in the morning, as well - I don't need to be at my new workplace until 10:00, and I was originally planning to leave at 5:00, but, on reflection, leaving at that time, I'll get to Greater London right in the throes of the worst of the rush hour, so I'm going to leave an hour earlier, and perhaps use the extra time at the other end to treat myself to a leisurely breakfast.
Cutie of the day was undoubtedly the pretty, dimply, brown-haired boy spotted with his family at the supermarket at lunchtime - they seemed be going down every aisle we were going up, and vice versa, so I saw quite a bit of the boy, which was a little oasis of sweetness on an otherwise rather downbeat day.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    Apologies for not getting round to this earlier - I presume you're asleep now, and won't read this until at least tomorrow evening.

    Nevertheless, I'd still like to wish you luck for tomorrow, both for the journey (much rather you than me at that hour!) and starting your new job.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    The first day hasn't gone too badly, thanks, although the latter part of the journey up was a bit tortuous - my plan to miss the rush hour wasn't a resounding success! I'm not in an ideal situation to type at the moment, so more tomorrow, hopefully.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Sammy

    Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing more when you have an opportunity to tell us.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete