Wednesday 1 September 2010

I don't get it

I've tripped over a couple of things in the last 24 hours while meandering through cyberspace (fairly limited meanderings at the moment due to still feeling well below par) which have made me think 'Why?' They've both been fiction-related, so I suppose it could be said that I should just accept it as different tastes for different people, and not even real-life tastes at that, but one was a short story, just a few paragraphs, where it was pretty obvious that a father was about to rape his son, while the other was a link to a website which offered a collection of stories involving "the forced non-consensual nudity, embarrassment and humiliation of preteen and young teen boys, ages 8 to 14". For all people might say that my sexual proclivities are beyond any acceptable bounds, I just don't understand what anyone finds erotic about pain, coercion, embarrassment and humiliation. Surely, if anything, those kinds of issues are about power relationships and having someone submit to another's will, rather than anything to do with pleasure.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Sammy... I have left comments at similar sites before, and felt like I was preaching to a group of dysfunctional animals... I don't get it on so many levels, that it really just leaves me chilled... I have seen a video, here or there depicting this evilness, and, it is real, and, very upsetting... To humiliate a child is creepy in itself, and brings back such awful memories, I have trouble keeping my blood pressure under control... When you add the other stuff, it just pushes me over the edge... I start to lose control of rational thought... How on earth, can an adult man look himself in the mirror after assaulting a child like that and see his own reflection as anything more than pathetic?? It is unfathomable and so evil to harm a child like that, I can't and will never understand it....
    I can't write anything more, at the moment, Sammy, my thoughts are just too jumbled and angry, thinking about it... Sorry...luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tony
    I know some people might think I've forfeited any right to comment on matters like this, as a self-confessed boylover, but 'love' is the significant syllable here, as far as I'm concerned. If I couldn't be involved in a relationship (with anyone, not just a boy) based on love and mutuality, then I wouldn't be involved at all. My own self-respect wouldn't allow anything less. I don't know if you've ever read 'The dark place' in this blog (it was posted in May) but it gives an idea of the effect that breaking my own rule, even inadvertently, had on me.
    I agree completely with what you say about abusers living with themselves, and that goes for physical abuse and abuse of adults just as much as sexual abuse or that of children - I know I couldn't.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete