Monday 25 June 2012

Spare part

First day of my ten day break from work, and, despite being late to bed, I haven't been able to sleep in this morning. Which seems to accentuate the fact that this is the first time that I've been off work since my domestic world disintegrated, leaving me effectively homeless apart from my room here in Surrey. So rather than getting ready to catch the earliest westbound train and looking forward to a week and a half in Cornwall as I would have been hitherto, I'm sitting here wondering what, if anything, to do with myself. The fact that I'm not exactly awash with money doesn't help the situation, either. The weather forecast is, for once, reasonably encouraging today, though, and there is, indeed, quite a lot of blue sky in evidence as I look out of the window, so going out and about might well be an option. If I can garner enough enthusiasm to get ready and go, that is. If I do go, it will be London again, using my season ticket to get to my work station, then my Oyster card to cruise around on the bus network, I would guess. I might find some inspiration in the next couple of hours, who knows.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment