Wednesday 13 May 2015

Hello, stranger

Through slightly more convoluted meanderings than usual, after I'd finished the first of my 9 straight early turns at lunchtime, I've found myself in a different Wetherspoons, albeit not a million miles from my local. I've only been in here once before today, mostly because getting to and from home is a bit fiddly by public transport, but, if anything, it's probably a nicer pub than my customary haunt. And as soon as I walked through the door, there was a familiar face - a youngish, maybe early twenties, barman who worked in my local a year or so ago when I first started using the place. And while I've no doubt at all that he's as straight as they come, the aesthetic appeal of the staff there was certainly diminished when he left. Or moved, as it now appears.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever say a word to him? A smile?
    Just wondering...no judgment if you didn't.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      He was off-handed, borderline rude - not just to me, but to most people - when he was working in my local, so anything beyond ordering drinks wasn't really on the cards. His change of location seems to have mellowed him somewhat, he was almost polite yesterday, but, as I said in the post, I'd be very surprised if he's other than straight, anyway. Certainly not difficult to look at, though - he could easily pass for 17 or 18 if he chose to, and good looking with it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete