Saturday 23 May 2015

Impulse buying - and other impulses

I'm blogging on a new toy this evening, a Google Nexus tablet I bought this morning. It was the tablet that I originally intended to get before I was seduced by the relative cheapness of the Kindle at the time, three years or so ago, I first decided to venture into owning this kind of device, so perhaps not so much of an impulse as all that, especially given that the Kindle has become increasingly reluctant to charge over the past couple of weeks, suggesting the battery is on the way out. This gadget was on special offer, too, effectively on a 30% discount, so a win-win, really.
And the other impulses? I've been out and about today, and been positively swarmed with cuties. At one point, in Ealing at lunchtime, I literally saw three lovely boys, none of whom were together, within thirty seconds, and then spent three-quarters of an hour on my next bus admiring another little darling - who blessed me with a smile - I'd happily have given my eye teeth to take home for loves and cuddles. No chance, of course, but even an old boylover can daydream!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Cool gadget! I am looking at tablets, I want two...a cheap one to run some ham radio apps in the truck, and a better one for all other uses.

    I'll be at prom tonight, so surrounded by eye candy, also all off limits!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm in the 'two tablet' club for the moment - the Kindle is still working fine in itself, it's just the charging problem that suggested it might be on its last legs. I'm still getting used to the new one, given that there are a few differences, but first impressions are positive.
      Yesterday really was 'cutie time' with a vengeance - there must've been at least a dozen heartbreakers during the course of my travels. Getting close enough to one of them, any of them, to make a genuine connection, that's the so far insurmountable problem. One day, maybe. I hope your evening went well, too.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete