Friday 23 October 2015

Not fair!

In which I do my best Violet Elizabeth Bott impression, and stamp my little (OK, overly large) foot. Most schools are on their half term break next week (K actually finished yesterday, given that she doesn't have any timetabled lessons on a Friday, and has a dispensation to 'work from home' rather than having to go in just to get a tick in the register, albeit today's working from home consisted of her travelling to the Midlands to spend a long weekend with her mother), but I'm basically going to miss the whole bloody thing, because I'm working throughout, lates until Tuesday, then another four night shifts at the end of the week. All those cutie spotting opportunities, snatched from my grasp! That said, some schools seem already to have finished, because there were more than a few school age guys out and about in 'civvies' when I was on my way to work this afternoon, most notably a 13/14 lovely who looked like a cross between my cousin, my darling boy (apposite, given that I was writing about him, or his avatar, at least, at that very age in my ongoing work on my new story this morning) and R, who longer term readers might remember as my schoolfriend who was the first boy I ever fell in love with. Would that I could've spirited him away to the counterfactual near future of my fictional world, and lived happily ever after.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment