Monday 15 February 2016

18, and 1800

My little girl is all growed up! It's K's 18th birthday today, she is, almost unbelievably, legally an adult. It hardly seems any time at all since the Sunday lunchtime in 1998 that I held her in my arms for the first time, but, of course, how much has happened, how much has changed, in the intervening time. But whatever else, my girl has emerged from the process as an intelligent, well-adjusted and attractive young woman who I love very much and who, unaccountably, loves me back, which is plenty to be grateful for. We went out for a very nice meal at lunchtime, and she's now gone off to host a little get together for her school pals at her friend's house (there simply isn't the room to do it here at the flat). I won't see much more of her this week, her half term programme is packed, to say the least, including another university interview and some time staying at her mother's, but she'll be back at the weekend, and we've still got another six months, give or take, of cohabiting, so all is far from lost.
Purely coincidentally, this post is number 1800 since the blog began almost six years ago. Not that the number 1800, or any other, has particular significance beyond a statistical quirk, but, as you do - or some do! - I thought I'd mention it anyway!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday K.
    I wish you every success at Uni, and every happiness now, and the future.

    Warmest Regards- Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      Thank you very much for the good wishes, I'll pass them on at the earliest opportunity - which might not be that early!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Belated Happy 18th Birthday to K!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thanks, I'll pass on the message.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete