Friday 26 February 2016

A historic moment

In a very minor way, but still. At 5:45 this evening, give or take, my daughter bought me a pint, for the first time ever. It was something we'd talked about, going back three or four years, that when she was old enough she'd buy a round, but it didn't look, given recent developments, that it would happen in my local, because K was 'booked up' for this weekend. As it turned out, though, her 'social' for this evening fell through at the last minute, so we've had a meal and a couple of drinks here. Amusingly, she's now had a proper look at Daniel (who's been very pally towards me of late - probably without significance, but I can daydream!) and agrees that he's 'cute'. I told her she'd have to share! Sadly, though, she went home literally five minutes before Cammy arrived with his family, so she didn't get the chance to catch a glimpse of my 'little friend'. I'd love to have the opportunity to say 'goodbye' to him in an organised way, but I seriously doubt that will be a viable option - I can hardly walk up to an 8/9 year old in the teeth of his family and initiate a conversation, I'd probably get lynched. I got my wave from him, though, so it certainly could've been worse, if that really is the proverbial 'it'.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment