Thursday 11 February 2016

Once more, what's the point?

I went off on a ferocious rant, purely in my head, in response to a news item when I was on my break at work yesterday evening, but, by the time I got home and had the opportunity to write about it, my indignation had evaporated, and I wrote nothing. Because when you know that just about everyone disagrees with you on a subject, and that hardly anyone reads what you write in any case, why bother? I'm never going to change anyone's mind, any more than I'm ever going to get even a hint of what I want the most. My blog as an analogue of my life - an exercise in utter futility.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy

    My life seems to have been like that for about as long as I can remember. I get really mad at something, stew on it for hours, and then, when I finally resolve to do something about it, suddenly the futility of it all comes home to me and I end up thinking: " What's the bloody point! " And as usual, end up doing nothing.

    Oh well, carry on regardless.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I've been festering again today, on and off, mostly because of a couple of tabloid headlines, but there still won't be a blog post on the subject in question, because it wouldn't achieve anything. Thinking about it now, what frustrates me the most is the way certain stories, by design, I'm sure, reinforce the prejudices of 'the masses', making our position more untenable almost by the day. And meaning that 'carrying on regardless' is more and more difficult.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete