Monday 29 February 2016

More heartache

After yesterday's tale of (totally one-sided) love and loss - the 'meltdown' was all about Cammy, in case anyone thought otherwise - comes an anniversary. The last time there was a February 29 on the calendar, that phone call happened, the one that caused my life to implode. OK, it was an accident waiting to happen, and I don't blame anyone other than myself for the way things have gone, but that doesn't make it any easier to live with. There are some sentences that, as I've said before, really are for life, with no hope of remission. Ever.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your painful aniversary. I guess we all acquire some of those as we go through life.

    Mention of "sentences" brings to mind a couple of lines from an old Eagles song:

    "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"

    The other line being:

    " . . . we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!"

    Those two lines pretty much sum up how things are for me, and I suspect, quite a lot of us, most of the time.

    Trapped in a self-imposed prison, in exchange for being allowed whatever crumbs of liberty society deems fit to throw us.

    Warmest Regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I got through yesterday without excessive trauma - I guess time does heal, to a degree. I haven't heard much at all from my ex lately, although K, of course, keeps in regular touch with her mother.
      And yes, the 'life sentence', the inability to 'check out', short of doing something potentially very damaging, either to yourself, or, more significantly, to others, is always there.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete