Thursday 4 February 2016

One of the more unusual musical links

Planet Rock has recently played My God is the Sun by Queens of the Stone Age. And my immediate reaction was to associate the song with illness. My own rather serious illness in spring 2013. I checked the release date online, and it did indeed come out in the UK in early April of that year, just as my health was really on a downward spiral, leading to me first being more or less 'housebound' in my accommodation in 'domicile-ville', before I finally ended up in hospital a month or so later. The song, being new at the time, was played pretty regularly on Planet Rock, and being indoors most of the time, as I was, I had the radio on for much of the day. I'm sure there were other songs that were played as much, or even more, during that period, but, for whatever reason, this one is inextricably linked with what was a very difficult time in my life. The power of music, not for the first time - and probably not the last, either.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment