Sunday 21 February 2016

Minor irritants add up

It's been one of those days, the sort I guess almost everyone is familiar with, where nothing major goes wrong, but numerous little things fail to fall into place, leaving an overall feeling of having been worn down. Work was, to be fair, pretty straightforward, but my commute, especially heading back, was a bit of a mess - after being stuck in traffic on various buses, I finally decided to finish my journey by tube, only to find that the line I wanted to use was suspended because a tree had fallen on the track! So another bus it was, after all. Even my local has been a mixed bag - I decided to eat here, K being off at her boyfriend's for the weekend, and the food was as good as any I've had in the place, but the disabled girl I've mentioned before has been here for an hour or more, and has been particularly difficult. I know it's not her fault, and I know equally that I could never have coped had K been born with similar problems, but it really has been hard work having her sitting two tables away, especially as her cute brother has been conspicuous by his absence. And now it's time to go home, and crash out in preparation for yet another 'stupid o'clock' start in the morning. Just remind me how much fun I'm having.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment