Saturday 8 October 2016

I should keep my mind shut

As I was waiting at the bus stop outside the flat this morning, awaiting the first stage of my journey to work, I looked up and down a road that was more or less devoid of any pedestrians, never mind eye candy, and mused 'where are my Saturday cuties?'. As they say, careful what you wish for, because, beginning less than ten minutes later, I was positively swarmed with the delightful, but untouchable. Ironically, my time actually at work was the most difficult to cope with, because there was a boy there for most of my shift, a boy I've seen a few times before, the youngest son of one of my colleagues, who is now both growing up fast and obviously fairly bright with it. He's still too young, but getting a lot closer to my 'window of attraction' than when I first met him, and the fact that his father was working the position next to mine made for more than a few tricky moments as the afternoon progressed - avoiding saying or doing anything unequivocal while trying to concentrate on my own work was certainly a challenge. He wasn't cutie of the day, though - that accolade went to a skateboarder, one of a group of four at the station where I picked up the third link of my workbound itinerary. He was 12-ish, blond, perfect size and shape, in short the loveliest boy I've seen for weeks, if not months. And, of course, yet another 'ghost', almost certainly never to be seen again. C'est la guerre.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment