Monday 24 October 2016

It can't be a coincidence

First day of a week's leave, and, surprise, surprise, I'm full of cold. I know my immune system is shot to pieces after my pneumonia three years or so ago, and that I'm prone to picking up any bug that's going around, but the regularity of my being ill to a greater or lesser extent when I take time off suggests to me that there's a common factor. Maybe there's a psychosomatic element, the conscious knowledge that I don't have to go to work feeding back into a subconscious feeling that it doesn't matter so much if I succumb. Whatever the reason, it's a thoroughgoing pain in the arse.
Notwithstanding my iffy health, though, I have been out and about today, encouraged in that regard by the fact that it's half term this week. And, right on cue, it's been 'blond cutie' day. There were three or four groan-inducing lovelies on my travels, but the 'arch-cutie' of the day was a little guy crossing a North London road, with his mother, in the opposite direction to me, at around midday. He was, quite frankly, flat out gorgeous, even if he was too young to do more than sigh over. One of these days, I'm going to be found, on some London street or other, as a puddle of lachrymose mush in the face of such beauty.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment