Sunday 30 October 2016

Some dark and some light

It's been one of those mixed weekends. Friday wasn't good at all - it didn't begin too badly, outing and abouting in some sunny weather, but, for no particularly good reason, I soon descended into a real trough. Cammy was, I guess, part of the issue, as it occurred to me that it was eight months to the day since I'd last seen the boy, the Friday of the weekend that my old local closed. There was nothing even close to a relationship there, more's the pity,  just a few smiles and waves, but I still miss him, far more than I should. Yesterday morning was little better, initially - I was expecting to hear from K about her possible visit to the big city, but by almost midday the silence was deafening, and the paranoia was kicking in, thoughts of her turning against me beginning to roil around in my head. But then the text arrived, she was on a train and on her way. Ninety minutes or so later, I met her at Waterloo and the good bit of the weekend began. We had a late lunch, albeit 'street food' rather than sit down, before heading back to the flat so that my girl could pick up a few odds and ends. Amongst the conversation, she imparted a piece of thoroughly good news, as far as I'm concerned - she's going to be spending Christmas with me, something that was previously undecided. Call me selfish, but I can't help but be pleased that she's going to see her mother in the period leading up to the 'big day' before returning home on Christmas Eve. That little oasis only lasted three and a half hours, or thereabouts, before K headed back to 'uni-town' for a social in the evening, but it did leave me feeling far more at one with the world. Today has once more tended towards the downside - it was very grey, dank and misty for the most part, but even more depressingly, it was the day the clocks went back, so that it was dark by 5:00. Winter is here again, and no mistake.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment