Wednesday 5 October 2016

Unbelievable

Over the past couple of days, the Tories have been holding their party conference, and a major theme appears to have been May and her cohorts trying to portray themselves as the new champions of the working class. Anyone, and especially any working class person, who believes such a claim is, as far as I'm concerned, a moron. The Tories have always been the party of the rich, by the rich and for the rich, and to hell with the rest. Like Trump, the only way they can engage with the hoi-polloi is by appealing to their racism and xenophobia. And such appeals, I suspect, will become ever more strident as the economy collapses into the abyss known as 'Brexit'. This country could become a very ugly place, in very short order.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't trust Theresa May, or any other Tory for that matter, as far as I could throw them. As you rightly point out, the Conservatives have always been the party of the rich, and to my mind, and always will be. Despite what all the rhetoric and verbal diarrhoea spewing forth from this insidious womans' mouth might suggest.

    Many years ago, when I was but a mere "spotty youth", in his first job after leaving school, I once made an ill-informed remark to the old guy I worked with, in support of Edward Heath. The old chap look a long slow draw on his pipe, and looking at me straight in the eye, through a blue clould of smoke said: "When I've got something to conserve, I'll vote conservative".

    Of course, back then I didn't understand the wisdom behind those words.

    I do now.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      All politicians are bastards, as far as I'm concerned, but the Tories are far further beyond the pale than almost anyone else (the likes of UKIP excepted, of course). When politicians start to look for scapegoats (e.g. 'Johnny Foreigner') and invoke 'patriotism', that proverbial 'last refuge', my feeling is that it's time to start worrying. Or planning to emigrate.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete