Wednesday 26 October 2016

Oasis in the quagmire

If that isn't a contradiction in terms. The quagmire, or the latest one, at least, has been mostly around my health, or lack of it - if sniffling, coughing and spluttering was an Olympic sport, I'd be straight in the team - but my mood wasn't helped last night by a raging bigot, racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic, the whole nine yards, who dumped his vile self a couple of tables away from me in the pub and proceeded to express his views loudly for a good hour, and was still doing so when I left. The temptation to ram a beer glass down his throat was close to irresistibility. The oasis, though, was a thoroughly pleasant one, five hours and more of quality time with my girl as I visited her in 'uni-town'. Her company is one of the few rays of light in my life, and, unaccountably, she seems to enjoy our connection just as much. I might actually see her again as soon as Saturday, as she's got provisional plans to come up to town during the day, although any time together would be decidedly briefer than yesterday, because she's got a social back on the coast in the evening. Any crumbs of comfort will be gratefully accepted, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment