Saturday 18 December 2010

Blond angel in our street?

I've seen a boy over the last couple of days within yards of our front door - on his way to school yesterday, and out in the snow, of which we sadly have more (albeit not as much as many other places), this morning - who is pretty close to having the sort of looks I might design for my delectation if some sort of real-life 'Sims' was available. He's about 12 or 13, very nice looking, lovely blond, longish hair, the real deal, as far as I'm concerned. I mentioned him to my daughter earlier, and she seems to know who he might be - she doesn't know him personally, but if it's who she thinks it is, he's a friend of her friend's brother. Purely daydream/eye candy material, but none the worse for that.
I need something to cheer me up, in any case, because my health issues don't seem to want to go away any time soon - I'm almost three-quarters of the way through my course of antibiotics, and only feeling marginally better, not helped by the fact that, if coughing was an Olympic sport, I'd be a cert for the team. I've only been out of the house three times, for a total of about an hour and a half, in the past week, and the fact of having transitioned to my prearranged week's leave hasn't changed anything - I'm still effectively off sick. It's not just me, either - there are apparently a total of six people off at my workplace at the moment, and, here, my wife's down with a similar kind of bug, probably to a slightly greater extent than me, so I'm trying to look after her after a fashion as well. Just remind me how much fun this winter business is, someone?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I'm sorry to hear you're still ill - definitely not what you want when you're on leave, let alone in the run-up to Christmas, or when you're looking after someone else as well.

    Meanwhile, the snow has returned to Cambridge too: there was a very thin sprinkling last Thursday evening, then no more until some time last night - I woke up this morning to find an inch or two lying outside. I'm very glad I hadn't planned to fly anywhere!

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    It's definitely more than a bit frustrating to still be sitting around here feeling decidedly ropey after a week, although things are improving slowly. The only saving grace, if there is one at all, is that I can justifiably avoid the cold weather, although the grocery cupboard is becoming increasingly bare, so it looks like I'm going to have to brave the elements tomorrow and head to the shops. I'm looking forward to it with bated breath, as you might imagine!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete