Thursday 23 December 2010

Hibernation

Luckily, it wasn't too icy here this morning, so I managed to get out bright and early (albeit a bit nervously) to do the Christmas grocery shopping. Even though I arrived at the supermarket before 7:30, there were plenty of people about, but I managed to get everything we needed for the weekend without undue stress. I was rather undecided about the Christmas Day menu, but, as it's turned out, it's going to be a pretty traditional spread, turkey and trimmings, the only real departure being a Spanish version of 'pigs in blankets' I'm going to put together, with mini chorizo sausages wrapped in Serrano ham. Should be OK, especially with a nice bottle of cava to wash it all down.
Having got through the shopping assault course, I'm now in a position where I can stay indoors until Monday, if I choose to, which, given the unabated freezing weather, seems like an appealing prospect. In fact, if I could stay indoors until about April, it would suit my current mood, but I doubt that's going to be a viable option!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm, sounds good! I posted our dinner menu...and now it's over...

    I'm headed out in the crap that might come down tomorrow, to miss the guaranteed slop on Saturday or Sunday. I've got 10 more days of not having to out in the weather! YAY!!!

    Merry Christmas, Sammy!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Catering for three shouldn't be too traumatic, I hope! I don't think I could manage cooking for a cast of thousands, my brain would melt! It should be fun, though, and nice to have a few days afterwards as well without having to worry about work.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete