Tuesday 14 December 2010

Sleeplessness

I had terrible trouble sleeping last night - every time I tried to lay down, I had a coughing fit. I ended by effectively sleeping sitting up, which seemed to be slightly better. Predictably enough, though, it meant that I've been tired all day today, dozing off periodically. I did manage to get to my doctor's appointment on time, though (just!), and I've been prescribed antibiotics. I definitely won't be going back to work tomorrow, beyond that depends on how soon the pills begin to take effect.
There was one good thing about effectively being stuck indoors all day yesterday - I managed to finish my latest story for 'Cuckoos'. It's not perfect, by any means, but I'm happier with it than anything I've written for months. The magnum opus is still stubbornly refusing to emerge, but I'm pleased, after all the false starts lately, to have completed something I'm at least a little bit satisfied with.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Whew, glad you got some meds. Antibiotics usually take about 18-24 hours to get me feeling human, so hopefully you'll feel better soon!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I hope so too! I'm a thoroughly impatient patient.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete