Sunday 5 December 2010

A face

I've come home for a flying visit, given that I was on early shift this morning and on nights tomorrow. I travelled down from London on the train, and on getting off the train at our local main line station, I was brought up very short. Amongst the 'meeters and greeters' waiting for the substantial crowd of alighting passengers was a family with a couple of boys. I glanced in their direction, as is my wont, only to be thrown back many years in a moment - the younger of the boys, who was around 10 or 11, was the image of 'B', the boy at the centre of the incident I wrote about in 'The dark place' some months ago, as he was at that age. I only saw today's boy for a few seconds, but it was certainly an unexpected and unsettling experience.
Despite the encounter at the station, it's nice to be home, even if it is only for about 22 hours. The last two nights, on my own at the B & B, were a bit downbeat, even if I'm not one of life's most gregarious characters.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment