Friday 31 December 2010

Ring out the old, ring in the new

Just 3 hours or so of 2010 left, just time for a little reflection on the past year. It's been a mixed year, to say the least. Healthwise, it hasn't been very good for me, but at least my problems have been more along the lines of inconvenience, bearing no comparison to what my mother-in-law has had to cope with. She has made it through to year's end, though, which wasn't looking likely at one or two points, so that has to be something to be grateful for. I managed to escape from a job which was causing me so much unhappiness, but only at the expense of having to be away from home for large chunks of my life.
It's not all been bad, though. This blog, and the corner of cyberspace it inhabits, has been integral to many of the good things in 2010. I've been able to say some things, and exorcise some demons, that I haven't found any other way of dealing with. I've got to know some people who I'm really pleased to have been able to come into contact with, many of whom have interesting stories to tell, and I hope that some of what I've written has been of some interest in turn. Of late, the blog has become a bit 'Dear Diary'-ish, and one of the things I'm going to try and do in 2011 is to perhaps be a bit more imaginative in my choice of what to post. No promises, though!
2011 in general, what do I hope for? Much of what I would like to happen isn't, in all honesty, very likely, so it's probably best not to dwell on it too much at this stage, but there are things that I would not only wish for myself and my family, but for anyone who reads this post - health, happiness, peace and prosperity. I hope all of you have a great 2011, and that as much as possible of what you would wish for yourselves comes about.
Happy New Year, or Blydhen Nowydh Da, as some say in this part of the world.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Sammy!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Happy New Year to you - not long to go now, here, at least!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Sammy, I hope 2011 is a good one for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brian
    Thank you. I hope you have a Happy New Year.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete