Thursday 30 December 2010

Please, just don't!

Especially not at 8:00 in the morning on a day that I felt like I'd woken up with my head on upside down. What am I talking about, you might ask? Well, it seems that one of my new colleagues at work is involved with the Scouting movement as an adult leader, all with perfectly honourable motives, I hasten to add. He was being subjected to some basically good-natured banter this morning, which led on to a jibe or two about his Scouting activities. Someone asked if his troop have a 'Cub of the Year' award, and then followed it up with 'Who judges the swimwear parade?' (a la Miss World, presumably!). All meant in jest, but I suddenly had a vision of such a parade, and almost moaned out loud at the very idea of it. I can't cope with such imagery without prior notice! (I'm not, by the way, backtracking on what I've said in earlier posts about not being attracted to younger boys - I'm not, but I do find them nice to look at sometimes, and my reaction to this morning's badinage is in that vein.)
That apart, the main difficulty of the past couple of days back at work has been extreme tiredness. I'm staying at my brother's again, and when I got here yesterday afternoon, I decided to have a nap to freshen myself up at bit, and promptly went into a flat-out sleep for three and a half hours! It's a combination, no doubt, of the aftermath of the virus I've been struggling with for the last couple of weeks, and the ridiculously early start I had to make yesterday morning to drive up from Cornwall to London. Still, I'll be back at home tomorrow to see the New Year in, but whether I'll be awake anywhere close to midnight is, to say the least, on the doubtful side.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hate the jokes like that. It just adds to the image that all adult leaders in scouting are pedophiles, and all the kids are gay or something.

    Who knows if I'll make it to midnight or not. I do want to see a more-or-less local group perform on Dick Clark's Rocking New Years in NYC, so I might try to stay up for that.

    Maybe sleep is what you need to get over the crud you had. Nothing wrong with a lot of long nights in a nice warm bed!

    Happy New Year!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    In this case, it was genuinely light-hearted, rather than casting the aspersions you rightly find offensive, it was just the effect it had on me that was a bit off colour - I don't particularly want to out myself at work, if I can avoid it.
    I might well try and catch up a bit on my sleep over the weekend, although I'm a perennial early riser, so it's not always that easy. I could certainly do with recharging my batteries a bit.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete