Thursday 2 August 2012

Knowing where you stand

In my case, traded in for a dog. Of all the compromises I made, having a dog was one I refused, because I really don't like dogs at all, and never have. Now that I'm gone, and after the cat's untimely demise, a dog will be moving in. It's not my house, it's none of my business. But I can't help feeling it's all part of my rejection.
So I lost myself again in a pair of eyes. Pathetic, I know, but there really isn't much else left.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, trying to process this.

    Some people are dog people. Me, as a matter of fact. And some people are cat people. I wasn't until I had a teenager living with me who wanted one so badly that I gave in.

    So I became a cat "lover". Precious was with me for something like 5 years and in that time I acquired Bobby, then Rocky.

    I will go back to dogs if I get another pet!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    The significant thing here, from my viewpoint, is my further demotion in the 'pecking order'. But like I said, it's none of my business how my wife chooses to go forward in her life. And there's no reason why anyone outside our relationship could appreciate the symbolism of 'the dog'. But symbolic it undoubtedly is.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete