Tuesday 21 August 2012

This seems like a good idea at this time....

....but probably isn't. Still, it's late, after a busy but uncomplicated day at work, and I've been mellowed by a moderate amount of liquid anaesthetic, so, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
The last time I thought about this, I chickened out. Maybe, though, if I can help one person in a similar situation to my own, the risk of setting myself up as a target for all the haters and trolls out there might be worthwhile. As I said when I talked about this to my daughter when she was staying with me over the weekend, I'm absolutely certain I'm not the only boylover in cyberspace, even if only by the law of averages. From what I've seen, though, I'm one of the few in Blogland, at least, who's prepared to tell my side of the story, to try and encourage people to think beyond the caricature 'loser in a dirty mac' offering sweeties to little boys in the park, to see that there are real people, with a real dilemma, namely of living with desires that 'society' loathes and despises, behind the mask.
What I would like to propose is that anyone, pro-, anti-, or simply curious, who would like to talk, respectfully and civilly, about boylove and matters arising, is welcome to use my blog or my e-mail (sammyb50@gmail.com) to do so. Anonymous is fine, if that is your choice. I can only speak from my own experience and perspective, and I certainly don't have any easy answers, because I'd apply them to my own life if I did, but, given the almost total absence of any sort of forum where this issue can be discussed with any degree of rationality, I'd like to help if I can, and learn where I need to. By writing about my attractions as I have over the past two and a half years, I've taken risks, and maybe this is the biggest risk of all, but I really feel that the subject needs to be discussed without the usual kneejerk reactions. In that vein, flames will be cheerfully ignored (or held up to public ridicule, if appropriate).
I hope to hear from you soon.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. response coming via email...too late now to configure...
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Thanks for that - I'll watch my inbox.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete