Saturday 4 August 2012

Second fiddle to a dog - again

They say virtue is its own reward, but there are times when a little more would be nice. I travelled up to 'work town' three hours early, so I could meet up with my brother and his family and make sure they got parked up in our staff car park in good time to head to their Olympic venue. I did spend an hour with them (in Starbucks, of all places) before they headed off to catch their Tube, the plan being that they would meet up with me for a drink this evening on their way back. I should have seen the signs, though, because my sister-in-law was having the vapours about their dog at 11:00 this morning - the animal had been left 'home alone', but they'd arranged for someone to check on it during the day, and, in any case, it gets left for hours when they're working. When I got a text about an hour before I finished work saying they were 'too tired' to wait for me, and were going straight home, I'd have been prepared to bet a pound to a pinch of canine excrement that the dog was the real reason. I suppose it could be said, given my brother's generous hospitality in the past, that I'm being churlish to complain about being left high and dry this evening, but sometimes it's hard to hide your disappointment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I've been stood up for cats, dogs, and a fricking video game ("Oh, I can't go cause I have a quest tonight").

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello jay
      I'll get over it, I probably have got over it, but I wasn't very happy two or three hours ago. But then, I haven't been all that happy for months, so what's new.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete