Sunday 11 November 2012

Downtime

Yesterday was the last of seven early turns in a row, and, predictably enough, I was left feeling pretty tired by last night. Still, I've just got one late shift to work today, and then I'm off work for nearly a fortnight. I have got one or two things planned - I'll be meeting up with my brother tomorrow, all being well, as he's on a course in London this coming week, and I'll be going down to his place next weekend to take him and my sister-in-law out for their birthday meal, postponed from seven or eight weeks ago - but, for the most part, I'm mostly looking forward to simply chilling out and recharging my batteries. Whether that will come to fruition remains to be seen, but that's the plan at present.
Given that I didn't have to get up too early this morning, I went out for a few drinks after work yesterday, and was rewarded, if that's the right word, by a little eye candy - there was even one who was indisputably legal, as he produced the requisite ID and was served at the bar at one place I visited, but still decidedly boyish looking. Not that he was any more accessible to me than my usual cuties - he was with a good looking young lady - but it was something a little different, by my standards. The 'eye candy of the day' award went to a much more predictable candidate, though - an 11/12 year old boy, waiting with his parents for the same train as me as I headed back to 'domicile-ville' last night. Blond, cute, playful, just irresistible, from my point of view. Irresistible, but as out of reach as if he lived on Mars. FML.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the downtime will do you good. Happy birthday to your brother, too! HAHAHAHA

    Always nice to have a little eye candy wander along, too!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm kind of into 'downtime mode' already - I went straight from the end of my last shift for the moment to the pub! My brother's birthday was about nine weeks ago, but I'm sure we'll have a pleasant outing next weekend. And the eye candy - well, the same double-edged sword as ever. Better with than without, though!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete