Tuesday 20 November 2012

Inertia

Here I am, sitting reasonably comfortably a few feet away from a nice fire (albeit a 'flame-effect' gas fire), having had an enjoyable, if rather larger than anticipated meal and a few beers. Faced with the dilemma of it getting fairly late, and still needing to get back to my domicile at some point, but of finding my current situation more than a little congenial, I'm having difficulty in finding the incentive to leave. Especially as all that's waiting for me at 'home' is my 15 by 8 'cell', and solitude. Maybe, as I said to my daughter when I spoke to her a little earlier, I should just curl up and hibernate right here. Someone wake me in the spring, please!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Oh I certainly feel that way sometimes! I may have more room than a 15x8 cell, it is certainly just as empty of life.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I dragged myself away not long after writing the post, as it turned out - the pub is opposite a theatre, and the evening's performance had evidently finished, as the place suddenly got busy and noisy, giving me just enough of a nudge to head for my cave. By the time I got in, just before 11:00, the fact of it being quiet and empty was beneficial, because I was soon asleep!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Sammy, I just noticed you are no longer on my blog roll. I don't know what happened there. We haven't commented on each others blogs in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ian
      Your blog has been on my list since I first came across it, and I always read your posts, but I have to admit I don't comment too often. I hope you're well, and enjoying life back in Dublin.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete