Saturday 24 November 2012

I want to go home

All very well, apart from the fact that I haven't got one.
It hasn't, in all honesty, been a very good day. It's the last day of my time off - I'm due to get up at stupid o'clock for early turn in the morning - the weather has been vile all day, cold and unrelentingly wet, and, even by my standards, I've felt very isolated. On top of that, I seem to have come across all the rude, selfish arseholes in the western world, London at its uncaring worst. To say I'm homesick for Cornwall is putting it mildly, underlined by a number of reminders of my adoptive county, including a group of rugby fans up for the England international from the Falmouth area, as I deduced from the placenames they were quoting, and even a holiday magazine in a shop with the headline 'Beach Heaven' referring to the area. I've no idea what I can realistically do about it, given that my job is here, and if I did go back, I'd be effectively homeless, but in the face of many more days like today, I'd be sorely tempted to just pull the plug and go for it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Back home on WV, I always feel so "at home", even more so at times than I do here, after 32 years in Virginia.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'll get over it, no doubt - in fact, today, despite the return to work, hasn't been too bad. There are times, though, when it's very heavy going, and yesterday was certainly one of those times.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi Sammy;
    I've been thinking about this post. Read it a bit ago, but I didn't know how to comment. I found my thoughts, though, in the kitchen...
    Do you want to go home to return to what is familiar as in knowing where things are and how people respond to things, or return to how your life was when living there?
    I've thought about how your life has changed so much, and in very scary ways. You had your struggles, but you also had your comforts there. This new life is still waiting to bring about the comfort levels and "home" feel.
    It's a huge challenge, I think. You have my warmest wishes and hopes, and my love, as you struggle to make a new home.
    hugs;
    randy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Randy
      My 'old life', in terms of my home and family, are gone forever, I'm under no illusions about that. That doesn't stop me missing the area, the lifestyle, the familiarity of places and people, especially when where I find myself now is so empty, in the sense of soullessness, sometimes. Maybe I'll come to terms with it, in time, but, as you suggest, it won't be easy.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete