Tuesday 13 November 2012

Meeting and meandering

I met up with my brother in North London yesterday, close to where he's taking a work-related course this week. We went out for drinks and something to eat, and it was all very congenial. The conversation was fairly wide-ranging, although almost any conversation would fall into that bracket compared to what my circumstances usually entail, helping to resuscitate my sociability quotient somewhat. He seemed to be keen to repeat the dose, possibly as early as today, but it seems that the workload of the course is rather more than he expected, so I reverted to solitary-ish meandering instead. Even though it was a school day, it wasn't a completely eye-candy free zone - one bus I was on was swamped by a large group of French tween/teens, presumably on some sort of educational trip, and one or two of them were very cute. At least sticking to 'window shopping' doesn't involve having to overcome any language barriers!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, yeah, but you know what? When I'm over there (in the UK), it's like it's a foreign language!

    Good times with the brother...I'm trying to figure out how to meet my brother and his best friend from high school the night before Thanksgiving. We'll see each other for 3 days straight, but nights out with Paul and Norm are always a hoot!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Two nations divided by a common language, and all that! As far as the French cuties went, I'm sure I could have managed to bodge my way through with my rusty schoolroom French, if the opportunity had arisen!
      I hope your get-together with your brother works out - I'll definitely be seeing my brother again on Friday, because I'm going down to his for the weekend, but if we can meet up in the interim, all the better.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete