Saturday 13 June 2015

Four magpies

Yes, there they were earlier on, as I meandered my way, in three hours or so, from work to my local. 'Four for a boy', as at least one version of the old rhyme goes. And when I got to the pub, a cute boy was indeed there, curled up in a chair, playing games on a phone. It was only a tease by the aforementioned corvids, though - the place was unexpectedly busy, and the only available place I could sit was at the next table to the cutie - but with my back to him. Marvellous!
Maybe the superstition was fulfilled, though, in a way, because, a little later, after the boy and his family had left, I had something resembling a conversation with Daniel (the cute barman here, for those not familiar with my blog in recent times) for probably the first time. He's too 'grown-up looking' for my tastes these days, really, but there is still just a faint echo of the earlier boy, enough to pique thoughts of 'maybe'. Not that he's got any more apparent interest in me than he ever had, but if the vanishingly unlikely happened, and he was 'available' (as well as being soundly legal), I can't see myself saying 'no'.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, the most magpies I've ever seen on a single occasion is one. Which, if the old nursery rhyme is correct, explains a lot in my case. Not that I go out much, but I think, under the circumstances, I might settle for a quiet drink with a friendly barman.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      It did cross my mind, at the time I saw them, that the magpies might have been four lots of one rather than one lot of four! Like the glass half empty/half full business, I guess. And Daniel has never, sadly, been 'a friendly barman', in my direction, at least, just professionally polite. He's too old for me, anyway.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. I always thought that would be too old. I am planning a trip to meet up with a 20-odd in 2 weeks! WOOHOO!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Like many things, 'too old' or 'not old enough' is very much in the eye of the beholder. I hope your trip is everything you would wish for yourself.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete