Wednesday 17 June 2015

Pastures old

Through a combination of the shifts I'm working this week, the fact that K's away and the closing times of various pubs, I've found myself on very familiar, but not recently familiar territory this evening. I'm in my former 'London local', the pub I used most regularly while I was living in 'domicile-ville', for the first time in something like 18 months. I'm even sitting at the same little two seat table, in the corner of the raised section at the back of the main bar, that I always used to colonise when it was available (no passing 'traffic', and with both entrances in view, excellent for cutie-spotting during the daytime 'family pub' hours, cuties like the real-world original of the 'Connor' character in Unwrapped). The place hasn't changed much, I'm pleased to say, still being one of the most authentic 'locals' in Wetherspoons' estate, having been a pub long before the chain took it over, as opposed to the shop/cinema/manor house et al conversions that are their mainstay. And I'm also drinking the beer that was my regular tipple here, but which my current local doesn't sell, and it really is significantly nicer, even if it is ten bob a pint dearer! Another illustration of the 'you get what you pay for' maxim, I guess!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I like that Wetherspoons! Quite nice!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    It wasn't 'domicile-ville' Wetherspoons, but the one a short bus ride from 'worktown'. It is a nice place, though.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete