Wednesday 24 June 2015

Win some, lose some

I'm off on Friday and Saturday this week, and, some weeks ago, I made provisional arrangements for both days. The plans were to meet up with a friend that I used to work with in Manchester, and last saw face to face nearly three years ago (how time flies when you're not necessarily having fun), on Friday, and then get together with my brother and sister-in-law the following day. As it's turned out during the day today, Friday has been confirmed, but Saturday has been scrapped - my brother managed to 'double-book' the weekend, and as the friends of his that they're seeing have made travel arrangements, I'm the one who's been 'dumped'. C'est la guerre! I'm sure I'll find something to do with myself, probably around buses, boys (on an eyes only basis, I'm sure) and beer, not for the first time. Whatever else, it will undoubtedly be better than being at work!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Last week was much like that for me. If it could go wrong socially, it did. I was depressed. Seems like at times (most times?), I am the first one to be ditched.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      At least one of the 'events' is still on the agenda, so it could've been worse. This isn't the first time my brother has cancelled a get-together at short notice, though, and given that we don't see that much of each other, it is a bit frustrating. I just hope the eye candy makes up for it!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete