Friday 21 August 2015

Back on home ground

K and I got back from our seaside trip at lunchtime, and I'm now ensconced in my local. The time away has been, for the most part, very enjoyable, albeit that the maritime climate of the South Coast didn't cooperate over the last couple of days - the weather was vile on Wednesday, and only marginally better yesterday. My girl and I got on pretty well, as I would have expected, although the constant proximity did induce a few minor sparks, the reason, no doubt, for K disappearing into her 'girl cave' as soon as we got back to the flat!
So, how was it for me? Somewhere on the knife edge between heaven and hell, in all honesty. I'm struggling to remember the last time I spent more than a few hours by the sea in summer, and I certainly can't remember the last time I was somewhere with more cuties per square yard than where we were staying. Seeing the boys was a delight, really, but there is always that 'drip, drip, drip' of the implacable knowledge that, for all you look, you can never get any closer, never have that opportunity to be yourself, even for a few fleeting moments. The poisoned chalice of the boylover.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home Sammy

    I hope you had a nice few says at the seaside. It's a few years since I ventured towards such a place. As I recall, I came home suffering from an accute case of "eye-candy-overload", and promising I'd never put myself through such stress again.

    Anyway nice to know you're back on home ground, none the worse for your adventures.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      It was a pretty good trip overall, despite the weather. The 'eye candy overload', especially on Tuesday, did leave me, as I described it to my daughter, a roiling mess of desire and frustration, but it wasn't the first time I've felt that way, and I doubt it will be the last!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a good time. Sounds like K was being K! Teens! Can't live with them, can't ship them off to the teen asylum! HAHAHAHA

    All things being equal, I'd say you had a great holiday, weather not withstanding. Glad you are home safely.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      K and I did OK, all things considered - we are still on the same wavelength most of the time. She won't have to put up with me for most of the rest of the school holidays, in any case - she's off again tomorrow, on a 'girlie' trip with one of her school friends, back for half a day in the middle of next week, then away to the Midlands, first to see her mum and then to stay with another friend. If I see her for twelve hours in the next twelve days, I'll be lucky!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete