Saturday 22 August 2015

Some are more equal than others

I'm doubtless repeating myself, but a post - actualy, thinking about it, two posts - I've seen about 'defensive' responses to bigoted clichés has piqued my sense of being 'thrown under the bus' by those on the more 'acceptable' side of the LGBT spectrum once more. The first said, flatly, that it didn't matter if the sexuality of people like me was innate or 'learned', it was still unacceptable from everlasting to everlasting, while the second suggested that more 'marginalised' groups deserved more attention, but only, of course, to a point - the point where boy and girl lovers start, needless to say. It's blatant self-interest, as far as I'm concerned - my 'difference' is fine, but if I show the slightest hint of empathy towards yours, I'll lose my grudging acceptance by 'society', and that can't possibly be allowed to happen. Give me an honest enemy, any time.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Don't worry about it, it's just me having a bit of a rant. But shit flows downhill, as ever, and some in the gay 'community' are quite happy, even eager, to join in the demonisation of boy and girl lovers, to deflect attention from themselves.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. I am of an age where I can remember the days when organisations such as the GLF and CHE welcomed us into their throng, (with hindsight probably just a ploy to swell their numbers and take our money). MAPS were welcome to join the protest marches, and did so, sometimes accompanied by their YFs. Scanning the classified columns of such publications as Gay News, one would even see vendors offering items of interest. Indeed, the UK even had some home produced magazines back in the seventies.

    How the world has changed over the years. Since the gay movement, as a whole, went "mainstream" and acquired an air of "respectability", it has bought into the tabloid hysteria and is usually among the first to condem us. Even most "out" young teens have been so indoctrinated by the hate-mongers, that as often as not, they too, are all too ready to add their voice to the vitriol and hatred aimed at us.

    I'm not saying that all "gay" people are against us, but a sizeable majority now are. Clearly, there is no place for the likes of us in this world.

    As Jean-Luc Piccard once said: "The fight does not go well, Enterprise".

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I can only imagine the reaction if someone turned up at a 'pride' event with a YF these days - at best, they'd probably be arrested, 'on suspicion', or, more likely, beaten to a pulp, no doubt to the cheers of the bystanders. No advocates for us, except, maybe, ourselves, although, as I've said several times before, it's rather difficult to have a discussion with those who aren't prepared to listen.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete