Wednesday 23 September 2015

Just because I don't understand something....

....doesn't make it wrong. I've always found gender dysphoria a difficult concept to come to terms with. I might have been conflicted about my sexual orientation for much of my life, but I've never felt my gender identity to be anything other than masculine. In recent years, though, as I've learnt more about the spectrum of human identity and sexuality, I've come across the 'T' part of the LGBT abbreviation - K has two close friends who are trans, including one I've met and got to know to a limited degree. I absolutely accept that their feelings of finding themselves in 'the wrong sort of body' are genuine, and that they have the perfect right to live their lives being considered to be a member of the gender that is opposite to their biological gender, but I won't even pretend to understand how that dysphoria can arise, and how difficult it must be to live your life under those circumstances. Much of the difficulty, of course, is brought about by the attitudes of others. Being a transgender person isn't wrong in any way. This kind of reaction is, though, 100% wrong.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment