Wednesday 16 September 2015

Named

Well, he was before, of course, but I didn't know what it was. I've discovered - maybe overheard would better describe how it came about - that 'little friend's' name is Cameron. I ended up sitting, to all intents and purposes, right next to him when I arrived at my local about an hour ago, just a narrow aisle between my place and his. He was getting rather bored and restless while his parents and the other adults they were with talked amongst themselves, to the point that his mother told him off, hence my hearing his name, and, to my considerable annoyance, told him he was bothering me. As if! I would willingly, eagerly have engaged with him, talked to him, played a game, whatever. Except, of course, had I attempted to do so, my motives would immediately have, at the very least, been viewed with the deepest of suspicion. OK, maybe if he was four or five years older those suspicions might have at least a modicum of substance (although I still maintain I'd never act without informed consent), but at the 8 or thereabouts that he is now, all I want is for him to be a pal, nothing more. I got my smile from him when I arrived this evening. If he believes his mother's claim about my totally non-existent irritation, they might be in short supply in future.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment